Saturday, February 23, 2019

Power Outage/ Late Post

On Sunday evening I was walking to the bathroom at Lusi’s house when all of the sudden the power went out. Now they have multiple little ones at the house and I was trying to navigate back to my room without tripping over any toys. I finally made it back to the room safely. Now if the power doesn’t come on within the first hour is safe to say they have to call the main island and we have to wait for someone to come over and fix the problem. We hit the half hour mark and were soon making our way outside for a breeze because the temperature in the house was very warm.
            We brought Samoan mats and sleeping mats outside and placed them on the ground. We were all lying outside under the stars patiently waiting for the power to come on. Luckily it was a full moon so it was very light outside and we had a slight breeze. Since the main island still had power I was able to use the cell phone towers to get internet on my phone. We downloaded the app called Skyview Lite. I highly, highly recommend it. It’s an app that you hold your phone up to the sky and you can see different constellations and the planets. Now the stars shine a lot brighter here. So it was easy to identify some of the different constellations. We also think we were able to see Mars. When we held the phone up to that particular star it stated that it was Mars. It also had an orange-ish tint to it.  This app kept us all entertained for a very long time. I am interested to see what it looks like when I get home this summer.
            At about eleven we decided it might be a night without power and our best bet was to go try and sleep. Around three in the morning the lights finally came back on and I was never so thankful to feel the breeze from the fan come back.

With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment