Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Back to island life

I finally made it back to my island home. After twenty-four hours of traveling I made it back. Overall I had a good day of flying with just a few delays in my flights. When arriving in American Samoa you have to go through customs, which is a small building with no air conditioning. As I spent most of my summer in air conditioning standing in a building with very little airflow and extreme humidity was a face of reality that I was back to the heat. My bags were one of the last ones to come out and by the time I got out of security I was dripping with sweat and running to the air conditioning in the car. I may have been a little spoiled this summer. After an hour drive and fifteen minute boat ride I finally made it back and got some sleep.

After getting a few hours of sleep I decided to make my way to town to purchase a few groceries and pay some bills. While I was driving Lusi goes you’re not in the states anymore you need to slow down. Yeah, the thirty-mile an hour speed limit makes it seem like it takes forever to get anywhere and my patience for driving slow has disappeared. After we got a carload of groceries and paint for my classroom we headed back home for the day.

After we got back to the island we picked my bags from Lusi’s house. I stayed at his house for the first night since no one had been to our house or cleaned it. When we walked into the house our jaws may have dropped just a little. We had left the house super clean before we left in hopes that it would stay clean. Jokes. Some little creature, a rat we believe. Tried to scratch through the kitchen table and leave its droppings everywhere in the house. After a good hour of cleaning we finally got the house looking back to its normal self. After the big day of shopping I was exhausted and fell asleep at six and woke up at five. At least I finally got caught up on my sleep.

Today we are going to the school to start preparations for the new school year.

With Love,


Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment