Thursday, August 30, 2018

School is coming

The beginning of the school year is quickly approaching and my days keep getting busier. This is my last week of preparations before my students come to school. This week is actually one of my least favorite weeks of the whole school year because of how busy it is. Today we had to go across for the welcoming ceremony for the new school year. All of the teachers are invited to a short program to bring in the new school year. For most people it’s a nice short little drive to get to the ceremony. Unfortunately, I’m not so lucky. It takes about two hours for me to get to the ceremony and teachers had to be there by 7:30. After the ceremony was completed we had to head back to our schools to prepare our rooms. 

After the welcome ceremony we were told that we needed to come back on Tuesday and Wednesday for teacher workshops. These workshops began at the same time as the welcome ceremony, which meant that another round of early mornings for us. As the week progressed I could feel myself slowly getting exhausted. I can say the transition from summer to work has been a little rough. We also have been so busy with meetings on the main island that I have had barely anytime to get my classroom ready. It currently looks like I have a mountain of things to complete before Tuesday morning when classes begin. We had a staff meeting today and were informed that our school day hours would be changing this year. We are going to be starting school earlier so that we can finish the day earlier. I can honestly say I was a little excited about this. I am very much a morning person and the sooner I can be done with my day the better. We are now starting school at 7:30 and will be finishing at 2:00.

Lastly I began my master’s classes this week. Holy moly. I forgot what it was like I to be taking college classes again and it was a slight wake up call. Most days this week I will be working/-preparing classroom until four. Quick go home and shower and send Lusi off to choir practice. Enjoy the two hours of peace to do my homework when they are at choir. Then by nine o clock I am usually asleep because I have to get up early. Tomorrow will be the worst day. We have to be at the wharf at 430. (insert crying face). Lets just say I am not looking forward to tomorrow at all. And if we don’t attend the function tomorrow they will hold our paychecks… so cant even call in sick.

Hope you are all having a great week.
Pray that I don’t go crazy from everything that’s going on.
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment