Friday, August 24, 2018

Preparing for the school year

The weeks leading up to the first day of school can be long and tedious but when you’re finished it seems all worth it. I have been spending most of my time lately preparing my room for the upcoming school year. Over the summer I brainstormed exactly what colors and bulletin boards I wanted. I also prepared an all-new curriculum and set up for my classroom. After spending many hours working on schoolwork, it’s all starting to fall into place.

The first thing on my agenda was getting a new paint job for my classroom. The teachers before me spray-painted on the walls and then all the teachers after them tried to paint over it but you could still see the spray paint under the coats of paint. Along with the normal wear and tear of classroom where kids draw and touch everything. So I decided to go with a dark grey color to cover up everything from the past. Lusi and friends just finished painting the room yesterday. Thank goodness I didn’t have to do it all by myself. And it looks awesome!! After they finished I noticed that the bookshelves looked gross  but I didn’t want them grey. So another trip to ace tomorrow to find some very bright colors to make the book shelves stand out.  

Today I also had to chance to get the room a little more organized. I had shipped a total of eleven boxes of school supplies here over the summer. So I spent a large majority of the day unpacking those boxes and finding places for them inside my classroom. (Mom and Dad I have a whole shelve in my closet full of binders didn’t realize I did that many!!) Even though my room is far from clean or even close to being ready for students I am starting to see progress.

I also finally got all of my suitcases unpacked and my house looks like it did before I left. It’s so nice this year being able to have a house to go to and relax. Last year I spent one week stuck in hotel and the next week living with the world teachers while my house situation was being figured out. This year I just had to get my keys back and everything was where I left it. Also big news I purchased a mifi, which allows me to have Internet at my house! Yay. I already tried it out and it works perfectly for face timing. No more running around the village looking for Internet!

Miss you all back home already!!
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment