Saturday, November 10, 2018

Parents and Sunshine

This week was our parent teacher conferences week at school. Otherwise known as my least favorite week of the year. Parent teacher conferences are very different here than they would be in the states. It’s a good day of conferences if half of my parents show up to it. The unusual part of it all is that they have them during the school day while school is in session.  So while I am in the middle of teaching my lesson for the day parents will step into my door way and I will pause everything to have a conversation with them. Now my students either get super quiet which means they are trying to listen to what I am saying or they are super loud because I am not in the room to stop them. The conference last usually an average of like five minutes. Very very different. Its not my choice but they said when they held them at night no one would show up for them so its better to do it while school is in session.
After a week of heavy rain and flooded roads to the school it finally stopped raining and the sun came out. The first day of sun after many cloudy days can be a little rough on one. I am usually very lazy because I am hot and have very little motivation to do anything. I also sweat a lot. Like it’s disgusting how much one can sweat here. The few good things about the sun means my showers are no longer freezing. My towel will actually dry and not still be damp from the day before. Along with my bed and cushions on the chair no longer have a damp feel to them. Yay!
This weekend I decided to go stay at my friends Kate and her roommate Taylor. I like going there because their house is literally ten steps from a beach and you can just sit on the couch and see the ocean. I also like going there because they live close to all the stores I go shopping at. So I can wake up on Saturday morning and drive like ten minutes to the store instead of a 15-minute boat ride and then an hour and a half drive. I also like hanging out and talking to them. We watched a movie and fell asleep by 9:30. I am telling you teaching in the heat takes the life out of a person. We tried to watch a movie and we all fell asleep. Our early bedtime really makes for some early mornings. I usually am awake by like 545 everyday. Thanks for that one dad.. When the suns up I am up. Luckily Kate wakes up early so just went outside and read by the ocean. After that we had smoothies we put on our swimsuits. You can actually wear swimsuits at her house! Swam the morning away. After that I went home and did lesson plans and homework! How exciting.
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment