Monday, November 26, 2018

Thankful

This week my students and I have done a lot of talking about what we are thankful for in our lives. Beings as it is Thanksgiving this week. Well I shared with my students about how thankful I was as to be there teacher. I think God was truly testing me as a teacher last year. My kids were a challenge to say the least. I questioned my sanity most days and quite honestly I am a lot happier this year. I have not had one single fight in my classroom this year. Last year it was a good week if I didn’t have a fight. I mean like they would realllly fight I would have to stand in the middle of them and say, “ You throw another punch and it’s going to hit me. You hit me your automatically suspended and will have to deal with the consequences.” That usually stopped them. I never got punched.
I quite honestly was quite skeptical of my class before the school year started. I was scared I was going to have a repeat year of last year. In the back of my mind I was thinking if I had another year like that I might just have to find a new job. Thank goodness my students this year reminded that I do love teaching. I am so proud of those kids. Like I can’t even put into words. They have put so much effort into school this year. Some days they are a little reluctant but they always push through. I have really found that my students strive when I set goals for them. It’s amazing what they can do. I mean their reading and writing skills are no where near perfect but a heck of lot better then they were in September when we started. We have to start somewhere.
This week is a pretty crazy week for me. I have to get all my homework and school stuff done by Wednesday for my trip!! So excited but so much to do. The holidays are literally my least favorite time of the year. It’s hard being away from home and missing out on everything. This is usually the time of year were I struggle a little. I am trying to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of home. I can tell you next year I cannot wait for Thanksgiving I have not had a decent Thanksgiving meal since 2015. Crazy huh! I also can’t wait to have a Christmas tree. Today I would enjoy a little snow. I do not know the temperature but when my shirt is wet after school. Rarely happens but it did today I know its hot.
With Love ,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment