Friday, February 3, 2017

National Parks and more

It is still weird to me that my parents are on the island and getting to experience everything that I go through. I am trying to squeeze in as much as possible so that they will be able to see as much of the island. I also am trying to get a bunch of errands done because I have had the convenience of having a car these last couple of days. Bringing the car back to the rental place will be quite a sad moment because I didn’t realize how much I missed actually having a car and being able to go wherever I want. On our second day of exploring the main island we decided to stop by the National Park Center to get some more maps and figure out the most scenic routes to take on the island.
            We also made a quick stop at the fabric store because I really wanted to get another pulitasi made before I went back to my small island. It is a traditional Samoan outfit that almost all the girls on the island wear. I only had one of them and I really wanted to make another one. So we headed to the fabric store to get fabric for this outfit. All you have to do is pick out the fabric you like and then bring it to a sewing shop and they will design it any way that you want. I told the lady what I was thinking and she drew up the design right as I was telling her. The next day she had the whole outfit completed for me!
            After heading to the sewing shop we decided to head to the National Park to drive around. The roads to the National Park were quite steep but the views that we saw were amazing. I could not get over how beautiful the island was. It was also fun to see my parents reactions to all the sights around the island. This was the first time that they had been to a tropical rainforest! They were also amazed by how clear the water was here. I am telling you nothing compares to the blue of this ocean it is absolutely stunning! I am just so happy they got the opportunity to show them it all. We just drove around the island listening to music and listening to my dads commentary of the locals from the back seat of the car.
            We spent most of the day driving and then we headed back to the hotel to go enjoy the beach for a little while. Dad and I went to a place to rent out paddle boards for the afternoon. My dad had never gone paddle boarding and really wanted to try it out. So we rented the boards out for an hour. I have gone paddle boarding in multiple lakes but nothing compares to paddle boarding in the ocean! It was so awesome the water was so clear so you could see the coral and all kinds of fish swimming beneath you. I remember looking behind me at one point and seeing my dad fall off the board into the water! We decided to head over to the beach where mom was reading and I told her to come join me on the board. At work this summer we would put two of us on the board all of the time. So I just told her to trust me and sit at the front of the board and not move around too much. I took her all around the coral and fish so she could see it since she cant snorkel because of her glasses! It was quite the experience seeing her on the paddleboard.
            Once we finished at the beach we showered up and went to supper at a restruant at the hotel. We all got some type of fish and it was so good! The fish here is so good. I normally do not like fish at all but this fish was so good! Fresh fish is seriously the best. After our meal I think that we were all tired and we all fell asleep early that night!
            With Love,

            Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment