Monday, February 27, 2017

Rain, Rain, go away

The windstorm that we were experiencing on Sunday calmed down over night and we were finally able to go outside on Monday. I am not used to being stuck inside a house all day. I was so ready to be outside again. On Monday we headed over to the school to get our classrooms ready for school. When I opened my door my bulletin boards had been blown off the walls along with dust and sand blown into the classroom. I spent most of the day cleaning up the mess that was created in my room. After lesson planning I went out to the water and went swimming. I love the fact that I can go swimming whenever I want to.
On Tuesday morning we were back on to the school grind. It was really nice to have a long weekend. This is our last break we get from school for a while. In the month of March we don’t have any breaks. Hopefully the month goes by quickly but we will see what happens. On Tuesday afternoon in school the wind started to pick up again. I was in the middle of teaching a lesson when a big gust of wind came through my classroom and blew all my papers of my desk. I spent more of my afternoon finding things to put on my papers to prevent them from blowing around the classroom. Soon the VP came by and said that the bus was out of gas and once the bell rings we were to walk our students home from school. It was really windy and they wanted to make sure that all students made it home safe. My students were not in the least bit thrilled that they were going to be walked home by their teacher. I tried my best to walk them home but they just wanted to do what they wanted to do.
We have now officially entered rainy season here. I am really not a fan of the rainy season. I feel like most of the days we are inside due to the poor weather outside. More than once these last couple of weeks I have also go caught in the rain when I was walking somewhere and ended up getting soaking wet. Luckily the rain doesn’t even phase me anymore. One night this week it wasn’t raining so we took this opportunity and went outside to hang out. This is when the boys were trying to teach us how to dance like a Samoan. Little do they know that I am not a dancer and that it will take me years to ever figure out that dance.
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment