Friday, February 3, 2017

Mom and Dad are here!!

Sorry but I have been failing at blogging lately. School has been crazy busy lately and I just haven’t had time do it! We just finished up with conferences and all of that so it should be better now! Well after a long five months I finally got reunited with my parents last night. The amount of excitement I had when I watched the plane touch down was insane. It also seemed like it took ten years from when the plane landed to when they actually came out of security. It was one of the moments where you were so excited about something and it just took forever for it to actually happen. I literally saw my parents walking through the door and ran for them. I know you are not supposed to do that buuuut I hadn’t seen them in five months and I could no longer hold the excitement. After a somewhat tearful hug with my mother we were headed for our hotel. The hotel that I had booked for us is right on the ocean it has a beach, pool, hot showers, and internet! All real exciting things for me.
Today was the first day that we got to really experience the island with them. After waking up we went to small café that I had been to a couple of times. I have always really enjoyed the food there and it was equally as good when I went there this morning. After breakfast we got the rental car for the day and that’s when the true adventure had began. We got the car and I really wanted to see this one bay where it is supposed to have really good snorkeling. Well we get on this “road” more like dirt bumpy path and I kept reassuring my parents that we were going in the right direction. Well after driving on this road for a while we come across this looked gate to the entrance of the park. I was really confused and there was a house right next door to the gate and you could walk on the lawn to get past the gate. So I was talking to her and to say the least she was not the most pleasant lady I had ever talked to. She was telling me that if I wanted to go to the park I would have to pay her five dollars to walk on her land to get to the park.  She said it in a very rude tone and I was getting really irritated in the way that she was treating us. So we decided to not pay the five dollars and just skip on the bay. On our back to the main road it started to rain. It rains here all the time but low and behold our windshield wipers were not working. So we are driving in the car with no windshield wipers in the middle of back roads in Samoa and I literally have no idea where we are at. Slowly the rain starts to let up and we decided to keep driving around the island. It was so cool to see all the different sights on the island. We also traveled to turtle and shark point on the island. It is said that if you bring a local they will sing a song and a turtle and shark will appear swimming in the water together. They say it happens every time they sing songs. After a day of traveling around the island we stopped to get pizza and milkshakes. This is a good day in my book! I never get pizza and milkshakes in the same day!
With Love,
Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment