Monday, October 31, 2016

To the main island we go!

We finally made it to Friday! After a busy week in the classroom we decided to head over to the main island to do a few errands on Friday. We left school a little early just so we could catch the bus in time to make it to the post office. Virginia had to mail a package home and we needed to make it to the post office before it closed. On our way to town we saw dophins on the boat ride. They were swimming and jumping right beside the boat. I have never see dolphins in the ocean before and it was so awesome.

We arrived to the main island and headed towards the post office. We walked inside the post office and about froze. They have air conditioning on really high in there and none of us are used to having air conditioning anymore. I remember Dana and I were standing waiting for Virginia and we were just cold. After the post office we had to meet Shivaun to pick up a few packages. She was running a little late so we decided we should eat somewhere while we are in town. Dana and I are trying to try all the different places to eat so we know which ones we should take our parents to when they come. We found this cafĂ© and decided we were going to try it out. After living with each other for three months this is the first time we went out to eat at a restaurant together! How crazy is that! We felt so out of place at the restaurant I mean I haven’t been to a nice place to eat since arriving here. The food was great and it was nice not having to prepare the meal for once. I sound so adult…

We met up with Shivaun and got our packages. We had 10 packages and we had to take them all on the bus back to the island with us. Thank goodness Lucy offered to help us with them. So we had some help catching a bus. While waiting for the bus it started to rain. We had no place to go undercover so now our boxes were all wet and starting to break. It was quite an experience getting back to the island. The locals all helped us get the packages back to our house. I am really going to miss that when I get home.

We had the Mormon church dance tonight. We had no idea what to expect at the dance. We knew that it was a Halloween party for the kids. We were really bored and decided to put make up since we never wear it here. I don’t think I have worn any since I was back home. So we put some make up and headed to the party. The kids looked so adorable. Oh my goodness. Sometimes when I see them I feel like a Mom because we just point at them and talk about how cute they are. I mean they are adorable. Of course the second we got there they wanted us to dance so we got up and danced with kids. Let me tell you these kids can dance and I have NO dancing skills. I may have looked like a fool but seeing how excited the kids got about it made it all worth it in the end. At the party we just ate food, played games, and danced. It was a lot of fun and we were all glad that we decided to attend the dance.

With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment