Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Werewolf

We spend a lot of time with the kids on this island. Sometimes I think of these kids are more like my family then my students. We usually spend some time at night with the students. The things we do with them sometimes gets a little interesting its kinda funny what entertains us now. So last week we were at volleyball and one of the kids thought they saw Dana talking to a ghost. Dana went along with it and told the students that she talks to ghosts all the time. She told them she does it at night when Virginia and I are sleeping. She also told them that I was a werewolf and on full moons I will turn into a black werewolf at night so they better watch out. We also told them that Virginia was a vampire.

The next couple of days at school we heard all about it. I had kids just staring at me going are you really a werewolf? Do you really turn into one at midnight? Of course we went along with it since it was a full moon. You could see that some of the kids were completely falling for it and were starting to get scared of us. I think within twenty-four hours the whole village knew about this. This has been going on for about a week and some kids believe us and some don’t.

Last night we were sitting inside the house watching One Tree Hill and we could here all the kids outside our house sitting on the grave. I was like guys we should put some creepy music on our speakers and flicker the lights just to freak the kids out a little bit. We had to be really careful doing this because the kids had a laser pointer and if they pointed it just right they could see us. Virginia and I were sitting under a window right by the grave so they could here the creepy music. Dana was on light duty flickering the lights to the music. We were trying to be as quiet as possible. I remember at one point we were all three just laying on the floor laughing because they were all freaking out about it. I know we played a mean trick on them.

We took our trick even a little farther by crawling out the window of my room. The window in my room is tiny we had to crawl out of it sideways because it was so small. So we all crawled out the window and took a path so that we can get behind the kids. We were telling them that we went to the mart to get some snacks. So we come from behind talking like normal and acting like nothing had happened. You should have seen their faces. My students were all creeped out. They were like teacher didn’t you see the lights in the house? You guys are in your house right? We were all trying to keep a straight face and be like no we were out at the mart the whole time. I am a horrible liar so this was really hard but I kept a straight face about it for a while. I can’t wait to here what the students have to say about this today.

Also next week is our spirit week. We have dress up days for each of the days in preparation for Halloween! If anyone has any Disney character dress up ideas we could use some! We have very limited wardrobe options!

With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment