Saturday, September 22, 2018

Bring on the weekend

On Friday we had our beginning of the year staff party. When attending an event in Samoa prepare to eat a lot of food. There are only about fifteen people that attend our staff meeting since we are such a small school. Everyone gets assigned a certain thing. I got partnered with another teacher for a cake, which we just ordered. Easy for me. Before we eat our meal we had a short “Samoan” ceremony. I don’t know how to actually name it. I always just call it Samoan things. They do prayers, thank yous, and songs and not sure what else they talk about. After the ceremony we eat. Each person was given like 5 scoops of potato salad, half rack ribs, shrimp soaked in butter, 4 scoops of stir fry, 2 fried fish, like a half of a cake, and 5 scoops of ice cream and oh and soup. This may be one of Lusi’s favorite days. Because I come home from school with a lot of his favorite food. The shrimp in butter is soooo good but soooo unhealthy. So after eating my weight in food I didn’t move much after school.
On Saturday we went to town on the good old bus. We had to get up super early because the bus is easy to catch early in the morning but later in the day it can be difficult. It was fun to ride the bus because I haven’t done that in a long time. I like to put my headphones on and just watch the ocean. We put my new backpack to the test with groceries and it was perfect! Good choice mom! The rule I have for shopping is if it don’t fit in the backpack we cant take it. Taking a lot of groceries on the bus can be a pain. So I try to limit myself if possible. Luckily, I have Lusi so he takes the backpack and I take the bags. After a day of shopping I made some cookies for after church tomorrow. Every Sunday I eat with Lusi’s family and they love my cookies. So I made a batch for after church.
We also went swimming again! I like to go swimming on Saturdays because a lot of kids go. I like to actually play with the kids outside of the school setting. I can actually have fun with them and not have to worry about behavior. This one family bought their kids a whole bunch of balls I played catch with like nine different kids throwing balls at me at once and trying to climb on me. It was quite fun actually. Also someone brought a big speaker by the water and so the older kids were dancing around and having fun!
Enjoy your cooler weather we are approaching the hot season!
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment