Thursday, September 13, 2018

Brownie Maker

While shopping this weekend I found brownie mix. Yay. It’s a rare find here and I had been craving chocolate like no other. So on Sunday while I was madly typing away at my homework and lesson plans. Lusi wanted me to make the brownies and I was like how about you make them. Interesting fact he had never made them before nor had he ever followed a recipe before.  So I explained to him measuring cups. They never use measuring cups here. Whenever you ask a Samoan a recipe its just a little of this a little of that. Then taste. Well some of us don’t have success cooking like that. So I explained measuring cups and how you follow in order. It was quite funny watching and making fun of him. But all in all he did successfully make his first pan of brownies!! (Don’t tell him I told you this story ;)

In my classroom this week we have been doing our regular learning as always and I started a new thing this year. We are working on being a great classmate. Some days I feel like I repeat myself a thousand times and they still don’t get it. I currently have a serious problem with tattle tales. I keep telling my students they more they tattle they are going to grow a tail pretty soon. They just laugh at me. Enough to drive a teacher crazy and so we are focusing on not talking about our classmates. Oh man. I think I say, “ Are you being a nice classmate right now?” Literally every ten minutes. I really hope it clicks soon.

Bowl of Siame. I am sure none of you have ever had this wonderful cuisine because I had never heard of it until coming here. It is literally like an island favorite meal and I can usually only tolerate having one a week. It’s very similar to ramen except it’s in a bowl and has a very spicy flavor packet to put on it. It is pretty much spicy ramen noodles. Well on Tuesday they ran out of lunch food so the office sells these and so I had to go buy one for lunch. You also can put Vienna sausage in it. Which is like hotdogs in can of salty water. So you dump it all in water and bam you have your meal. Not my favorite. Though I had the luxury of eating in twice this week because I had like no time to make supper and it was the only option. But I put some leftover carrots, potatoes, and chicken in it and it made it way better. Also I add like a scoop of mayonnaise to kill the spicy flavor not a huge fan of spicy food. Some days I really miss my food back home…

With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment