Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The first days

The school year is off and running already! We just finished our second day of school. To say the least it was great so far. Last year was a pretty tough year for me with my class they were quite difficult and made for some not so fun days as a teacher. I am not kidding it was like a night and day difference from classes. It’s amazing how much you can get done when your students enjoy what you are teaching. Don’t want to speak to early though since it’s only the first days and usually the kids don’t act up right away. My students from last year still try to bother me but at least now I can tell them to leave my classroom J

Also big news I have a co-teacher who comes in and translates everything into Samoan for me. Which is AWESOME. No worse feeling then your students giving you a blank stare and you don’t even know how to say the word in their language. Well now I have someone translating and helping me. It was amazing how much we accomplished today in reading just from someone helping me. It also helps that my students really look up to this teacher and so they really listen when he’s talking.

Overall the first couple of days have gone really well. Its taking a little adjusting for me getting used to talking all day long. My poor voice is gone all ready. This always happens at the beginning of the year for me. I guess I need to talk more leading up to the weeks of school.

With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment