Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturdaysssss

Saturdays are one of my favorite days of the week because I go out to eat and get to sleep in past 5:45. I have seemed to inherit my love for early mornings from my father. I am very lucky if I can sleep past 6:30 here because the sun is just too bright. Luckily, I am also the most motivated when it comes to mornings and seem to get a lot accomplished after my morning cup of tea. I sound like such an old lady. On Saturday’s I am usually in town by 8:30 because once I wake up I am ready to roll for the day and just want to get everything done.
One of my first stops on my trips to town is the ATM because unlike in the states not every place you go takes a credit card. For instance getting gas requires you to pay in cash. I did finally find a place that you can use your card. Interesting fact is here you do not have to pump your gas. I am remember the first time getting gas when I got home this summer I sat in my car thinking lua sefulu, fa’molemole. Which means twenty dollars please. Oops. Also sometimes there is a random Saturday were non of the credit card machines work. So I always carry back up cash just in case. When going to an ATM on a pay week it can be a hit or a miss. Most of the ATM’S run out of cash by Saturday morning because direct deposit is on Friday. Well after three ATM stops trying to get money out of the ATM that only has a three-dollar charge I gave up. I gave up and went to the six-dollar charge one because I didn’t want to drive another twenty minutes and risk the fact that it might not have any money left. Most people here live paycheck to paycheck. So when I don’t run to town the second I get my pay check they think I’m rich or something. Meaning on pay day weeks you might not be able to get money out of the ATM.
I finally went swimming. It was really hot today and I told my self today was the day. For someone reason I forget that I have the world’s largest swimming pool like 10 minutes from my front door. I love to go swimming and see all the kids playing around and having fun. On Saturday night there is usually a lot of people swimming. I swam with the girls while lusi and the boys messed around with a football. The kids always get soo excited when we come around and go swimming. When we got in the water they were all complaining it was cold and I was like not as cold as the lakes I swam in this summer!
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment