Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Post White Sunday

White Sunday came and went by so quickly! Unfortunately, I did not get a video off it because everyone I would ask to video for me was up on stage with me. There were only like the older population in the crowd. All the kids were with me. The service lasted about three hours and went very well. The only not so fun part about it is I think I got overheated. No fans and no air conditioning and pilling forty to fifty people on the stage while singing and dancing is hot. We also had our Samoan clothing, which is fairly warm.  I got home and sat in front of the fan for like a half hour before I could eat. The never happens and I am usually the last one to complain of being hot. After cooling of and finally stopping the sweat we ate. Now before moving here I was not a fan of shrimp never really ate it. They made shrimp in coconut milk. Its really hard to explain how they get the milk but Lusi went out really early in the morning to pick the cocnut, husk it and then get the milk out of it. Let me tell you it was worth it I have never ate so much shrimp. Lusi’s mom gave me a bowl to take home and Lusi was taking a nap and I kinda ate it all. He woke up and couldn’t believe I had finished it! Oops!
This week I am calling it my recuperating week from last week. I was so very busy last week. I am finally getting caught up on my homework and my housework this week. My house really took the hit. My kitchen table was nowhere to be found. I also had a mountain of dishes to wash. Happy to say that you can see my sink and kitchen table now.. Sadly I am turning into my mother in that aspect.
School update! School is going well. My class is learning lots at least I hope they are. I feel like my workload doubled with taking on the after school kids. I got double the papers to correct and double the lesson plans to create. Luckily we only have it for an hour after school. But have you ever tried to get your kids to sit down learn in ninety-degree weather after sitting for six hours. Yeah, not the most fun job in the world. I have to say my kids are really improving on writing this year. I make an effort everyday to get them writing. They may hate me for it but they do get lots of praise from me when they do well. Which keeps them very motivated. They love when you compliment them.
Cookie sales! We are still busy selling our cookies. This week has actually been somewhat of a slow week for sales. We made sixty bags of cookies and only four were not sold! But of course after I ate them I had people coming up to me asking if I had any left. It all depends on the kids because they are the one who really love them! I am thinking people were tired from White Sunday and did not feel like coming out.
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment