Saturday, October 13, 2018

Testing...

 Testing..
Do you ever feel like God is testing you? Like how many wrenches in the road can I throw before you give up? Whenever I have a bad week I also tell myself he is testing you. God wants to see how far he can push you. He is trying to make you stronger. Well I would like to declare this week a testing week for me. All in all I just wished I had more hours in the week.
White Sunday is upon us. I say White Sunday is comparable to a big holiday we celebrate in the states. The day is completely dedicated to the kids. The parents cook whatever food the kids want for after church. The kids get all new white church clothes and shoes. The girls get white pearls necklaces and earrings. Some of the girls even get little crowns with veils attached to them. The kids spend long hours preparing, songs, dances, memory verses, and skits. The day before people start decorating at 6 am and continue late into the night. The church is covered from head to toe in balloons and flowers all for this day. Preparing for this day can be a little on stressful side for the adults. Lots of time and money go into this day. As I am turning more Samoan I get more involved in these things. As I have said previously I am very involved with Lusi’s family and spend a lot of time with them. I also get to contribute to days like this one. One thing you should know about Samoa they eat A LOT. They prepare a lot of food. I made four boxes of cake, bought three gallons of ice cream, and a twenty-four pack of soda to prepare for the big day. Can’t wait for all the island treats.
My car finally got fixed. After a couple of weeks waiting for the parts and it to get fixed its finally finished. When we picked the car up from the shop I noticed the back tire was low and said we should get air in it. So we start driving down the road and I hear this clicking noise. I didn’t even have to look I knew it was a nail in the tire. Oh joy…. We bring it to the tire shop and he goes you got a nail in your front tire too. So two patches later and we are back in business.
School was good this week we started after school tutoring which lead to an hour longer of teaching for me! I like my kids so far but they really lack English skills so I am going to have to be super patient with that in the future. I have to remind my self to talk slow and use easy words to help them.
Hope all is well!
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment