Monday, October 8, 2018

Sorry

I know that is has been a little while since I last posted a blog. I have been super busy these last couple of weeks and after this week it should calm down again! Here’s a little recap of my last couple of days. On Saturday we went across super early. I think we left the house at like 6:30. I like to go shopping early, one to beat the crowds and two to beat the heat. It gets pretty toasty in the afternoon. Once we got to town we remembered that the revival game between Lusi’s high school and the top rated team played on at 9. I also know a couple of the players because they used to be at the elementary school. So after we finished buying all our stuff and frozen stuff Lusi then says lets go. Mom and dad you might cringe at this. No, I do not have a cooler in my car. Yes, I left all my frozen stuff in the car for four plus hours in ninety-degree weather.  We ate the food and seem to be fine!
After the game we made a quick stop to get some food. You can’t go to town and not go out to eat. I have officially changed Lusi’s eating habits. Here they tend to eat really greasy food. Which for me is no fun because it gives me a terrible stomachache. Since he has been eating my cooking and such he now gets a stomachache too. Which means we go to the places that I think taste better! Anyway. They are doing a mass drug administration on island for Lymphatic Filerisis. I spelt it wrong but I am not sure how to spell it. Anyway it is when a mosquito bites you and transfers a worm into your body. It can cause some health conditions that have no cure. So all over the island they have tents sent up so you can take your pills to prevent it for free. I was dreading taking it. They determine how many pills you have to take by your weight. Lusi dragged me over to the station to get our pills. Well nine pills later for me and I did not feel good. The side affects hit me pretty good. It makes you extremely sleepy and dizzy. Lusi had to take more pills and got hit even harder by it. He didn’t feel good for a good twenty hours after it. Mine only lasted about four hours. Well neither of us thought it would make us sick. Nor did we think about the fact that we still had to drive home. The drive home was a little rough for me. All my ways of keeping me awake while I am sleepy in the states don’t work here. I usually make myself really cold. But that was not possible.
On Sunday we continued with our White Sunday practice. It is now a week until White Sunday. Low key really excited for it to be over so I can spend more time at home. We have one song where we have to speak in an African language. So I am currently speaking three languages at White Sunday. The pastor also moved me to front row. My back row days have now ended. I tried.
Today we had the day off from school. Thank goodnesss!!! It is finals week for my first set of master’s classes. I had a ton of homework today. It reminded me of the days in college where I would do homework all day long. I spent about six hours on homework and sadly am not finished but I have a good start. Now I am off to White Sunday practice and tomorrow I start after school tutoring! I remember when I was a world teacher and I would be so bored. Man how it has changed in the last couple of years.
With Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment