Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Halloween Eve

Since becoming a teacher I never realized how much a teacher actually did for the students. One of the things I never put into consideration is holiday parties. For kids these are a big thing, for a teacher it’s a stressful day. For one students come to school with the expectation that they will get to have fun and do no work all day even after the teacher explicitly says we have to do work first. I can almost promise you tomorrow I will have at least one student upset because we are not having a party right away. Parties also mean an increased amount of sugar for students which means increased amount of energy. Not my favorite day. I also have prepare food. I am not sure how much a teacher in the states does but here a teacher usually supplies a good amount of food along with drinks for the students. For instance I made two cakes, in Samoa one cake is equivalent to two cake boxes. Along with two juice pouches, and three rice crispy bars per kid. I may spoil my kids just a little bit.

As I was baking my cakes tonight I was thinking I should just post a sign in front of my house: Lusi and Abby’s Bakery. I have baked so much food this year it is insane. We are still busy with our cookie business so far since we started we have made a total of one thousand cookies. I was curious the other day at how many we had actually made. That’s a lot of cookies. I have to say cookie business is quite successful for us. I am quite impressed at how much we have made off of them so far. We always have people asking us to make them every week but we do it every other week. Too much work and too much time. Have you ever made three batches of cookies and tried stirring in the flour by hand in 95 plus degree weather?? Can’t say its one of my favorite activities.

This week I also caught some kind of flu. No fun. I am not exactly sure what I had but I was tired and didn’t feel good from Saturday afternoon all the way until Tuesday. Lusi kept telling me to go to the doctor. Ehhhh. I hate going to the doctor and hate it even more here. Unless mother is nervous I usually don’t worry about it. The hospital here is a little different. They don’t really have a clinic you go to. Everyone just goes to the emergency room. It is usually a three to four hour wait before you get to see the doctor. It only cost twenty dollars to go to the emergency room and fifty dollars to have a baby or surgery. I can honestly say that is not the most comforting to see. I try in the worst way to avoid it at all costs. I am feeling a lot better and hopefully will avoid getting sick again for awhile.

With Love,
Abby



No comments:

Post a Comment