Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A day full of flying!

Today was our second day of travel. We started off the morning in LA, after a short shuttle ride we arrived at the airport. On our ride to the airport there was a guy talking to us and asking if we were heading for a wedding since we had so many bags. We responded that we were teachers and moving abroad for the year. He goes oh my goodness you guys are amazing and thank you for what you are doing. It was nice to here that since we were all on a little edge with our big day ahead of us. We got through security with no problem and were headed towards Hawaii. We had a four and half hour flight to the island. After getting on the plane we found out we didn’t get movies. This made for a fairly long flight but on the bright side we did get a meal on the plan and the food was actually good. Since we didn’t have movies on our flight I had a lot of time to think and process everything that was going on. This summer has been absolutely insane and I literally felt like a chicken with my head cut off some days.  One of my favorite parts of being on a plane is listening to music and just ignoring the world around me. As my music was playing I was coming across so many songs that brought so many memories back to mind. A lot of the songs reminded me of my family for example “Low” if you have ever been around my family when this song is playing we are all dancing and having fun with it.  Another song that brings back so many memories is “Holy”.  It is one of my favorite songs and I still remember the first time Haley had me listen to this song and how I have played it endlessly since I first heard it. I also added a lot of new songs that brought memories back from this past school year and summer. It made me sad thinking about all the memories because in a way I feel like I am missing out on a lot by doing this. I literally am giving up my old life and trying something new with no idea what could happen next. I think one of the hardest parts is knowing that my family is going to be together and I wont be there for that.  I also think about all my friends hanging out and making new memories without me. On the flip side I am being given an opportunity of a lifetime. Not many people would drop everything to go volunteer on a little remote island in the middle of the ocean. I mean I will have the ocean and the mountains in my back yard. I will be doing and trying so many new things and I can’t wait to experience it and tell you guys all about it!
Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment