Sunday, August 7, 2016

Goodbye Minnesota! Hello California!

Today was a day full of emotions. This morning I had to say goodbye to my family for ten months! It really hadn't hit me that I was leaving until I was all checked in and heading towards security. My mom had fresh tears in her eyes and I knew that it was going to be rough. Once we got to security I crying and so was my mother. It was one of the hardest goodbyes. I don't think I will ever forget the scene of them watching me go through security through the windows. I also will not forget the sight of four hands waving goodbye to me as headed to my plane and on my newest adventure. I wish I could say that this was the last time that I cried but my wonderful family didn't make the goodbye easy. They created a book that contains pictures and letters from my closest family and friends. The book is so amazing but it literally was one of the hardest things I ever had to read. The poor lady on the plane kept looking at me and I just kept saying I'm fine I promise. My flight to LA actually went by really fast. I landed in LA and met up with Kate who is going with me on the trip. I literally told her just look for a girl who is struggling with her luggage. I had so many people staring at my as I tried to carry my bags across the airport. Let me tell you I have never been more thankful for the airplane carts that hold luggage. My two checked bags just made the weight limit one weighed 49.5 and the other is 49. Besides the fact that my carry on 35 pounds plus my back pack. Lets just say I got my workout in for the day. After waiting for our shuttle for about an hour we got on and headed to the hotel. This is where we ran into Chris another lady that will be traveling with us. We all got settled into our rooms and got our food. It was now six at home and I hadn't ate since breakfast at the hotel! Now I am just hanging out in the hotel and preparing for my day filled with travel tomorrow! I can't wait to see the island and where I will be living for the next year! Not sure when I will have internet again! When I have internet I will make sure to be posting blogs for you guys! :)
Love,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment