Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Rain, rain go away

It has rained here for like the last five days. Don't get me wrong I love the sound of rain and watching it rain but this is the first time I have had free time since I got to the island. Since it has been raining all the time we have been reading a lot and watching a lot of movies! Which I am fine with but I would much rather be exploring the island instead of sitting inside.

This morning we had to take the busses to a school to have some orientation. On the bus ride over I saw something very interesting. The Samoans have a tendency to put their bus fare in their ears. They somehow set the quarters on their ears. I just hope I never touch those quarters and get ear wax on my hands.

We also got the opportunity to visit the ocean center this morning. Shivaun wanted to show us the ocean center so we knew where it was and if we wanted we could take our kids to the center. We only got to see a small portion of it because they had an event going on. While we were their they talked about the ocean life. We are currently living in one of the biggest coral reefs in the world. We were also told the best places to snorkel because people are no longer allowed to go fishing in those areas. Which means they have lots of fish in those locations! Also found out that we have octopus all over. I hope that I get to see one from a distance while we snorkel. We also have sharks but don't worry they are small sharks that are completely harmless to humans.

After the ocean center we headed to a cafe to get some food for the day. I decided to try some fish since I do live on the ocean. I had the local Wahoo fish, which was really really good. I am defiantly going back to that place when I get the chance. After we ate we were planning on going on a hike to see one of the many waterfalls on the island but it has currently been down pouring for the last hour we decided to not go for the hike and relax for the rest of the night!

With Love,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment