Monday, September 12, 2016

Falling into a routine

I can honestly say that I am finally starting to fall into a routine. I can’t even remember the last time that I had been in routine. I love having a routine in my life because you feel like you somewhat have your life together. I don’t think I have had one since I graduated college. My weekends consist of a lot of time spend on wifi. I get wifi during the week but I am too busy with my students and school plans that I don’t really get to talk to people.

On Saturday mornings I like to go to my neighbors house to face time my family. I think the only way I can stay somewhat sane is if I am able to see my family at least once a week. I look forward to Saturdays so much. I was able to chat with my family and watch them can all the fresh veggies from the garden. It was almost like I was home for a little while.

After getting a chance to face time my family we decided to go swimming for the afternoon. The water was super rough but we still went out because it was literally like a sauna outside. They have buoys in the harbor so we just grab the buoy and let the ocean waves rock us to sleep. We also take in the view of the mountains on the main island and watching the boats shuttle people to and from the island. We even saw some tourists it was weird seeing other white people on the island.

We decided to go sit on our regular sitting rocks and watch the sunset tonight. I love looking at the silhouettes of the mountains as the sunsets. We also saw lightening over the main island. Ever time it would lightning the whole ocean would light up it was beautiful.  We also saw men spearfishing at night. Four men go out into the water with flashlights and spearfish for about in our. It was fun to watch and see where they went in the water. When they got out of the water each one had about 10 or 15 fish on a piece of string.

We spent our Sunday morning at church and after church we got spoiled. We had three different families bring over food. We have so much food but I am not going to complain. We are so lucky that these people bring us food all the time. We have ham, chicken, rice, breadfruit, taro, mangos, and palsami. Our fridge is stuffed full and our bellies are full of food!

I also got the opportunity to Face time with some friends from college today. It was so nice to talk to them and see their beautiful shiny faces! I get so excited every time I get to talk to people from back home. Today I am almost positive we had 100% humidity and if its that hot when I have to teach tomorrow I might die. I was sitting in the shade and I could see beads of sweat just sitting on my arms. I actually might get jealous of you guys at home when you have cooler days! On my way home from school I was walking by myself. I was completely lost in thought listening to my music and watching the waves crash against the sand. All of the sudden I saw water shooting out into the air a little ways out in the ocean.  Sure enough, it was a whale. It still completely blows my mind that I have seen six whales since I got here. They are literally so close to the shore. I never thought I would be seeing so many whales while I was here.

With Love,
Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment