Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Never ending ants and cockroaches

This particular post is for you mom because I feel like you might get a kick out of my ant problem. Before I had left on this crazy adventure my mom and I spent hours shoving every last valuable thing into my suitcase. We were shuffling clothes from suitcase to suitcase making sure we made the weight of fifty pounds at the airport. In the process of this I was also unpacking from college and living in Okoboji for the summer. I have a bin in which I put all of my food. Not thinking twice about it I let this bin sit in my room for a couple of days. When I came to cleaning it out I lifted one bag of food, looked and saw millions of ants crawling through this bin. So I brought this bin upstairs and set in the counter knowing my mom would take care of the problem. (: Sorry mom! After hearing her scream and me secretly chuckling in the basement knowing she found the ants my ant problem was taken care of. Well mom, I got my karma. We have ants everywhere and I have tried about every approach to get these little stinkers. You leave one small crumb on the counter and colony forms. So you can only imagine as to what our garbage looks like. Not to mention I have ants on my clothes and crawling across my computer screen. The worst part of it all is we started getting fire ants in the kitchen, which leads to painful bite to the toe and me or my housemates going on a mad ant-killing spree.

Now the ant problem is only one of our concerns. The next problem we have encountered is cockroaches. Last night when I was going to bed I got a pleasant surprise in my bedroom. I had two cockroaches crawling across my wall. I let out a quick squeal and made sure these cockroaches would not make a re appearance. I wasn’t real creeped out by them since they were not on my bed.  Well jokes on me. I lifted my blanket there it was a cockroach crawling on bed and quickly making its way under my sheets. I quickly grabbed Dana and Virginia and we grabbed shoes and stood on all sides of the bed planning our attack. We finally caught the cockroach and he will no longer be crawling through my sheets. I just keep reminding myself someday we will all be laughing about this.

After a long day of teaching today we decided we wanted to start watching the T.V. series One Tree Hill. I have it downloaded onto my hard drive and we all gather around the little computer screen. We sit on the couch and turn the lights out to give it the effect that we are at home. It also gives us something to look forward to doing every night.

With Love,
Abby


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.
    blatte

    ReplyDelete